An award winning international Building Services M&E consultancy has a vacancy available for a CDM Principal Designer / CDM Consultant / CDM Advisor due to continuing growth.
The job requires somebody with the ability to plan, manage and monitor the Pre-Construction phase of projects in order to co-ordinate Health & Safety in a client facing role.
CDM Principal Designer Job Role Requirements
- Knowledge of MEP building services / mechanical and electrical building systems would be useful, but not esseantial
- NEBOSH / IOSH qualification
- Working knowledge of CDM, PUWER, COSHH, LOLER, MHSWR etc Regulations
- Ability to co-ordinate with designers and contractors
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Knowledge of MS Office applications word, excel, etc
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to chair and facilitate meetings to deadline
- Identifying and pursuing prospective clients, leveraging up-selling opportunities to new and existing project pipeline
- Delivery of contract and program management - managing contractors’ progress, information and document flow etc.
- Ability to use IT based calculation and spreadsheet software
CDM Principal Designer Job Role Responsibilities
The Principal Designers role is to plan, manage and monitor the Pre-Construction phase, to co-ordinate Health & Safety. The CDM Principal Designer must:
- Assist the client in identifying, obtaining and collating the pre-construction information
- Provide pre-construction information to designers, the principal contractor and contractors
- Ensure that designers comply with their duties and co-operate with each other
- Assist client in validating health & safety credentials of contractors
- Organise design risk workshops and review designers risk assessments
- Liaise with client representatives, Principal Contractor and contractors with respect to health and safety
- Review of Principal Contractors information, including:
- Construction Phase Health & Safety plan
- Site induction
- Information to be incorporated within the Health & Safety file
- Prepare the Health & Safety file
- Submit F10 on behalf of client
- Undertake CDM site audits on behalf of client
- £40,000 to £60,000 plus benefits
Please contact James Bramfitt at RGB should you wish to apply to this CDM Principal Designer / CDM Consultant / CDM Advisor job vacancy.