Building Physics Engineer
£33k - £45k DOE (+ additional benefits)
An opportunity has arisen for a Building Physics Engineer to join an environmental and building services engineering consultancy in London
They integrate environmental strategies and systems within buildings. Their purpose is to deliver positive change to energy and Carbon performance through innovation in mechanical and electrical system design. They are specialists in this important field with a great potential to address the climate challenge.
Core to their philosophy is the belief that passive environmental architecture and elegant engineering system design are fully integrated ideas that should be considered throughout all aspects of their work. Their ideas help their clients achieve the objective of making buildings for a more sustainable future.
To this end they search for creative people who share their beliefs to join a growing team of designers.
The work involves environmental and building services engineering design in collaboration with the most creative architects on a varied range of outstanding buildings.
To apply for Building Physics Engineer role:
- 3-5 years’ experience of analysis of building and their performance, preferably in a design consultancy environment.
- A relevant degree (science, engineering or maths).
- An interest in combining their interest in buildings with their analytical skills to make low-energy, environmentally-sustainable designs.
- Proficiency with digital analysis software including AutoCAD, Revit, IES, PHPP, DesignPH and Sketchup is desirable.
- Be a problem solver with a collaborative attitude, have an eye for detail and excellent communication.
- Be ambitious and keen to gain a range of experience on way to chartership.
Summary of Building Physics Engineer role:
- You will work under the close supervision and guidance of the directors and associates
- Receive briefs from the project team and use a range of simulation-based software to analyse, investigate and test building designs on live projects to solve problems and increase performance. Prepare accurate and beautiful technical reports and participate in project design teams to implement the conclusions of the work.
- Carry out domestic and non-domestic Part L compliance models and EPCs for projects. Have, or be working towards having, NDEA Level 5 accreditation to deliver professional energy assessments, and lodge EPC for Commercial Buildings.
- Work with colleagues to carry out PHPP calculations for Passivhaus design projects.
- Undertake analysis and prepare energy & comfort based reports to support credit requirements for BREEAM assessed buildings.
- Maintain and develop the modelling skill base of other engineers in the studio. Disseminate news and learning. Pioneer new tools and help fast-track learning by others.
- Identify new developments in the sector and pro-actively keep abreast of and test methods to support the objective of leadership in building physics.
- Managed Building Physics resources across multiple projects, personal time scheduling and working to a fee budget. Continuously develop your competence and skill.
Please contact David Hilditch at RGB Network for more information on this role and how to apply.