An excellent opportunity for an Engineer to join an established Civil & Structural Engineering consultancy based in Battersea. As the appointed Engineer you will play an important role in the delivery of Geotechnical & Civil projects from tender production to scheme and detailed design within the Infrastructure team.
- Design Tunnels, Shafts, Earth retention structure by established engineering FEM softwares; Plaxis, SLOPE, GEO5, Wallap.
- Prepare detailed designs in accordance with current standards and codes including calculations, design risk assessments and sufficiently detailed sketches for the preparation of working drawings.
- Attend ground investigations and produce both factual and interpretive reports.
- Produce geotechnical risk registers, geotechnical design reports for earth structures in relation to Rail, Highway and Canals & River Authority assets.
- Ensure that design work undertaken is carried out in accordance with company quality procedures and that a high level of professionalism is maintained.
- Act as checker of calculations, reports and drawings for project team, other internal teams and external designers.
- Project leader on small projects or deliver civil/structural elements on larger projects.
- Assist with fee proposals, and prepare design fees on smaller scale projects.
- Undertake site visits and attend design meetings when appropriate.
- 3-5+ years of professional experience in the Civil Engineering Industry.
- Upper 2nd BEng/ MEng in an Engineering degree.
- Member of either the ICE or FGS working towards Chartership with ICE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to generate and technically review reports.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong analytical engineering and report writing skills.
Salary and Benefits
- This role requires meeting attendance with clients, design team members and other stakeholders.
- Overtime & Night shifts and weekend working will be required on occasion. Overtime and weekend working will be remunerated.
- This role requires site visits and occasional away from home working.
- Once every 5/6 weeks this role will be on 24hr call for a week.
- £33,000 – 45,000 doe
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme