Salary up to £50 000 (DOE)
Our client is a industry leading engineering consultancy who is seeking a Civil Engineer to join their infrastructure design team based in Biggleswade. They also have a traffic and transportation team and whilst not a requirement, relevant experience would be considered an advantage. Work is spread across several sectors however, their busiest area is currently the residential market.
They employ around 20 engineering professionals and due to the size of the company all members will have the opportunity to be exposed to varied aspects of the projects they are working as well exposure to works within other disciplines, this is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to gain knowledge and expertise in varied projects and become a more well-rounded engineering professional.
They promote and support an innovative and challenging approach to designs, which exposes their design teams to current technology and methods.
You will be encouraged to increase your levels of responsibility to gain experience and confidence. This is supplemented by the Company’s ICE approved training agreement, enabling you to progress your professional qualifications.
Skills and Experience
- Liaise with highway and water authorities, Lead Local Flood Authorities and other stakeholders to agree design parameters and obtain necessary approvals.
- Undertake 3D ground modelling to assess cut and fill quantities
- Produce highway and drainage designs, together with associated drawings and calculations for technical approvals and construction.
- Provide engineering advice and design input from feasibility through planning and onto construction.
- Delegate and provide technical guidance to more junior staff members, whilst also acting as a mentor.
What’s in it For You
- Highway and drainage designs to achieve technical agreements, such as S38, S278, S104 and Building Control approval.
- Liaison with authorities and stakeholders involved in the approval process.
- Experience with AutoCAD, MicroDrainage and AutoTrack and appreciation of 3D highway design software.
- Strong experience in the design of residential development drainage and levels.
- Good understanding of the DRMB and local authority design standards.
- Proven experience of project delivery to time and budget.
- Extensive communication with colleagues, clients and fellow design team professionals.
- Excellent written, verbal and computer based communication skills.
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Company’s ICE approved training agreement.