*Fully remote working role!*
Hydraulic Modeller Or Flood Risk Consultant
Salary: £35k (Depends on your experience as this role requires anyone who has 2-5 years’ experience)
A civil engineering design consultancy that provide a range of flood risk and drainage consultancy services through the full project lifecycle, from due diligence, site appraisal and site promotion through planning to construction are looking for a hydraulic modeller to join their business.
The company has 3 offices with 14 people spread across them evenly. They have staff currently working in a variety of ways – fully remote, hybrid and full office based. As a business they want to provide flexibility to their staff as they see it as a benefit to them.
They work on projects across many sectors that range from small private developments to strategic sites. Their clients are nationwide which include : property developers and investors, house-builders, insurers, legal firms, planning consultants and architects, technical consultants and private clients.
- They encourage staff development and have regular CPD sessions available to all staff.
- Annual bonus (subject to company and individual performance).
- Health plans.
- Full remote working on offer if you want.
Hydraulic modeller Role
- Building and running 1D and 2D hydraulic models of watercourses and undertaking flood risk assessments.
Hydraulic modeller Requirements:
- E1D/2D modelling of watercourses using Flood Modeller Pro and/or Estry, and TUFLOW.
- Hydrological modelling using the Flood Estimation Handbook.
- Proficient QGIS user.
- Consulting with statutory consultees.
- Working in the UK development sector.