Job Role: Assistant Transport Planner/ Transport Planner
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Dunston / Tyne and Wear
A well-established, market-leading consultancy offering a ‘one-stop’ solution for all aspects of development transport planning, S278/38 highways scheme design, drainage, environmental planning, implementation and operation. Operations span throughout the UK assisting a very diverse clientele with a range of interesting projects. Projects can run from a few house plots to a multi thousand housing development for major house builders as well as working with the MOD, Football Clubs, Mining Corporations, Schools, Local Authorities & various diverse industries.
The Company are a medium sized consultancy with a very supportive team/ family orientated environment. Unlike many larger consultancies, where you can get pigeon holed into the work they want you to carry out, this company makes sure everyone gets to work on a diverse workload in order to give you the best experience possible to get chartered later in your career. They also make sure you have good training and mentorship from more experienced engineers. The company have an active social scene as well including drinks at the local pub, trips to London and Go karting to name a few. As a team they are committed to supporting & inspiring each other.
Due to a very busy pipeline of work they are looking to expand their team with additional staff at assistant transport planner or transport planner level.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the delivery of technical outputs & reports, maintaining excellent team standards. In return, you will be provided with the opportunity to experience & manage a variety of interesting & diverse projects, supporting personal & professional growth.
Requirements Education/ Experience:
- Preparation of detailed Transport Assessments, Reports & Transport Statements
- Preparation of Travel Plans as well as Travel Plan Coordination
- Preparation and presentation of technical data & drawings
- Undertaking junction capacity assessments using ARCADY, PICADY & LINSIG
- Liaison with clients, contractors and local / national authorities as required
- Attendance at meetings / public consultation events as required
- Provide support and guidance to junior staff within the team
- Assistant with other traffic / transport related tasks as required by your Team Leader
- Degree in applicable subject; Transport Planning, Geography, Civil Engineering
- 3 years’ experience of UK Transport Planning standards & processes
- Experience of highways is advantage but not essential
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office software packages
- Advanced understanding of spreadsheets / presentation of technical outputs e.g. traffic flows
- Have a good understanding of GIS Software’s
- Use of AutoCAD 2D level, willingness to learn or awareness of 3D
- Proficient use of ARCADY, PICADY & LINSIG
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to clearly communicate findings from complex data
- Confident written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work easily & accurately with numbers
- Using initiative, ability to provide solutions & techniques that aid sustainability
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
Salary is DOE but would be expected to be between
- Self-motivated with ability to manage own workload
- Provide direction to junior staff on small / medium sized projects
- Approachable and professional manner when dealing with colleagues and clients
- Ability to work proactively and independently.
£26,000.00-£30,000.00 per year for Assistant transport planning level.
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private dental insurance
- Social outings
- Birthday perks for all staff members
- Private medical insurance
- Profit sharing
- WFH days
- Continuous in house training & support
- Bachelor's (required) Preferred: Transport Planning, Geography, Civil Engineering