Transport Planner - Development Planning
An award winning & creative transport planning consultancy who have won back to back CIHT Awards, worked in more than 45 countries & joined forces with an international consultancy are looking for people with development experience. They offer a flexible approach to who comes into the business, looking for passionate and keen people of all levels. People willing to hit the ground running.
- Graduate / Experienced / Senior / Associate Transport Planners
They employ the very best transport planners & provide an environment in which people can flourish & develop fulfilling careers. Expanding both the horizons they can offer, they work on many projects ranging from Schools, Private developments to Holiday Parks, Healthcare projects & a vast range of interesting & socially impactful projects.
The consultancy is seeking highly motivated & experienced transport planners to join Development Planning team. You will be expected to lead a range of UK projects in the residential, employment & leisure sectors & therefore have a range of skills & experience to manage existing clients but also develop & generate new opportunities. You can grow as fast as you want; for example one of the companies Associate Planners progressed from Graduate Planner within 7 years with siginficantly bonus & salary increases.
We think the ideal candidate will also have:
- Exceptional transport planning skills – ideally with a range of understanding of project delivery, highway design, traffic modelling and report writing for technical audiences.
- A comprehensive understanding of working with the UK planning system.
- A sound understanding of the wider transport planning sector, including transport strategy & public transport.
- Ability to work independantly, read and write reports and engage with stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects for private sector clients and/or local authorities as well as self-guided learning and progressive career development.
- A growing network of industry contacts and positive client referrals.
- Excellent report-writing skills, with a keen eye for detail.
Degree level (Geography, Civil Eng, Transport Planning)
Software: ARCADY, PICADY, LINSING, AutoCAD, TRICS(advantage but not essential), Microsoft packages
We expect the right candidate to come equipped:
- Lead development planning projects for a range of clients in the private and public sectors.
- Manage time effectively, working with colleagues to deliver to scope and budget.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, helping to secure repeat work.
- Proactively contribute to company growth through business development activities.
- Inspire and develop less-experienced members of staff by freely sharing your knowledge.
- Understanding Planning
- Awareness of Car Park Strategies
- Experience in elements of Junction modelling
- Micro simulation experience great but not essential
- Ability to multitask
- Working on variety of projects so required to be flexible and open to team tasks
- Company Events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health care package
- Competitve Pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave
- Pay increase upon positive yearly review
Salary starts: 34K - 38K Dependant on experience
Graduate / Experienced / Senior / Associate Transport Planners - Salaries differ per Grade