Senior Transport Planner
Salary: Up to £45K
ABOUT THE CLIENT:
A dynamic London based transport consultancy built around a team of the very best people.
They work on some of the most exciting and challenging development planning and infrastructure projects in London, Europe and across the world, from large commercial
skyscrapers to sport stadiums and major events projects in London, they are leading the debate on smart servicing and autonomous vehicles, and are redesigning roads and
streets that look to the future of transport.
Their ability to design and create public spaces, roads and streets, parks and plazas for people and communities sets us out as one of the UK’s most highly regarded transport engineering consultancies.
Their clients include major developers, architects, contractors and local authorities; which include TfL, London Borough of Redbridge, City of London, London Borough of Camden, Landsec, the London Legacy
Development Corporation, Canary Wharf, British Land, Brockton Capital, YOO Capital, Brookfield, HB Reavis, Mace, Bam, and Multiplex.
We have an opportunity for a Transport Planner with London-based development planning experience on a full-time, permanent basis, based in our London office. We strongly believe in giving our members
of the team training, responsibility and opportunities they need to develop, and being part of a small team means that everyone is exposed to a wide variety of interesting project work and clients.
From day 1 the successful candidate would undertake a range of work across the transport planning environment, including managing project workstreams and/or project management, overseeing the preparation of Transport Assessments, meeting clients and design teams, negotiating with local authorities, report writing, forecasting and contributions to proposals and reports.
• You have between 2 and 6 years professional experience
• You will be a self-starter
• Like working in a small hard-working team and have a passion for the Urban Built environment and its challenges.
• You will be forward-thinking and have ideas about sustainable transport solutions for the future city.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong numeracy and analysis skills
• Experience of using Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Excel
• A relevant degree (e.g. Geography, Planning and Urbanism studies,Mathematics)
• Comfortable working on large data sets
• Project management experience
• Knowledge of the planning application process and transport related supporting documentation
WHAT IS OFFERED:
The successful candidate would be given a competitive reward package, including a competitive rate of pay
Professional development opportunities
Targeted and specialised training opportunities
A personal supervisor to oversee their professional development
The opportunity to work with some of the best professionals in the industry.
A vibrant, dynamic and collaborative working environment, in our central London based head office.
A competitive renumeration and benefits package
including bonuses with targeted and specialised training
Access to Women in Transport membership (if applicable),
in-house massages and weekly yoga sessions.