Jnr Transport Planner
The company is seeking to expand their Major Developments & Events offer and is looking for a Juniorl transport consultant to join their London-based team to help deliver a broad portfolio of projects.
This position will be based in the Major Developments team which supports a wide range of high-profile developments including the Houses of Parliament, Canary Wharf, major universities and airports.
You will be expected to support with a range of work including the project management and delivery of transport and development planning advice including leading client meetings, the production of Transport Statements/Assessments, Travel Plans and the relevant sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
You will also support by advising development clients on servicing, parking, cycle / pedestrian access and traffic management and assist with business development.
You will work as part of a team providing solutions to both private and public sector clients. This position requires an enthusiastic, hard-working person, who wants to be part of a growing, dynamic team.
You will be required to:
- Support our transport planning advice offer across the company both in the UK and internationally.
- Lead work streams within projects, ensuring that best practice techniques are applied consistently.
- Deliver high quality highway and transportation consulting as part of multi-disciplinary teams across a range of transport related projects including major developments, highway related regeneration projects and sustainable transport initiatives.
- Deliver excellent joined-up and high-profile major development and high-profile event projects in the UK, which contributes to the company’s reputation for delivering excellence.
- Manage multi-disciplinary projects, sub consultants and manage support staff assigned on a project basis as required.
- Take responsibility to deliver key tasks with a range of projects.
- Prepare and present reports, proposals, briefing notes and transport planning documentation.
- Manage project budgets exercising effective financial and budgetary control.
- Contribute to the production and delivery of proposals and marketing materials related to our market area from time to time.
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Be comfortable working in creative multi-disciplinary teams with architects etc. and provide positive contributions.
- Demonstrate contribution to work winning and client development and delivering transport planning deliverables for planning applications.
- Take responsibility for key tasks and workstreams, managing multiple deadlines in parallel.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven project management/delivery experience in a transport consultancy environment.
Great Company environment
Salary: Paying up to 26K