Our client is a well-established, firm of consulting structural engineers working across a range of sectors for projects throughout the UK and Overseas. They are a small, growing practice, that work in exciting niche areas within Structural Engineering as well as offsite construction, modular buildings and design of light gauge steelwork load bearing structures and SFS framing solutions.
They work within traditional Structural Engineering sectors such as small building works, domestic extensions, survey and inspection reports to residential and commercial developments and refurbishments, multi-storey steelwork structures, timber frame structures, historic structures, eco build and Passivhaus, drainage, theme park rides and everything in between.
The successful candidate will be involved in projects from all sectors, from conception to construction. Projects will vary from smaller domestics works to large multi-storey steelwork frames and amusement and public attraction installations.
Our client is looking to recruit a Graduate Structural Engineer to join their Sheffield office to work alongside 5 other experienced engineers. This role would suit someone who is a recent graduate or with up to 2 years post graduate experience in structural engineering design.
They support hybrid working although we expect the successful candidate to be in the office 3 – 4 days a week once they fully understand the role.
We are looking for candidates who can provide elegant solutions to complex problems particularly when working with our current clients that include sculptors and the amusement ride industry. You will be delivering structurally demanding solutions coupled with creativity.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil and/or Structural Engineering, minimum grade 2:1.
- Specialisation or experience of Structures is advantageous
- A desire to gain Chartered status, which they will support you with.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Access to a car that can be insured for occasional business use.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Structural design to British Standards and Eurocodes in steel, masonry, timber and reinforced concrete.
- Attendance at design team meetings and site inspections, including video conferences (Zoom, MS Teams, etc). Supported by your manager.
- Report writing.
- Use of design software, for example: Tekla Tedds, Tekla Structural Designer, S-Frame and Staad-Pro.
- Preparation of drawings using software, for instance: AutoCAD 2D draughting, Bluebeam PDF editor. Hand drawn sketches are often used at concept design stage and an ability for this would be advantageous.
- Experience of 3D modelling software would be advantageous, for instance : Sketchup, Revit and Tekla BIMsight.
- Microsoft word and excel.
- Eagerness to learn about different areas of engineering.
- You will need to be a highly self-motivated individual and work well as part of a team.
- An attractive salary package based on experience from £24K to £30K.
- 12 monthly salary reviews.
- 25 days paid holiday in addition to Bank Holidays.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- With active projects across the UK and Overseas, out client has always been committed to flexible and remote working from either the office or home.
- Whilst the majority of the work is office based, the successful candidate will be expected to visit sites across the North West, Yorkshire and beyond a number of times a month depending on project requirements.
- Full I.T hardware and software are provided to facilitate flexible working with all expenses and mileage covered for working away from the Sheffield office.