An outstanding opportunity has become available with an award winning multi-disciplinary property consultancy for a Structural Engineer. They are offering Architecture, Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Engineering and Building Surveying services to a wide variety of clients in the UK .
Due to their continued success and growing business demands they currently have a vacancy for a Structural Engineer who is looking to develop their career, working on a diverse portfolio of projects throughout the UK. Our cleint provides excellent opportunities for progression and career development and a variety of work to suit high calibre individuals.
As a Structural Engineer you will be working on a range of structural engineering projects from concept design through approvals to construction, preparing calculations and technical design information to deliver innovative structural engineering solutions for both new-build and refurbishment projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Required Qualities & Skills
- Liasing with the Project Engineer
- Supervising & assisting CAD Technicians
- Work closely on construction plans with clients, architects and other professionals
- Develop design ideas using AutoCAD / Revit
- Work out loads & stresses on different parts of a structure by hand or by use of analysis software
- Produce structural calculations in steel, concrete, timber and masonry
- Carry out site inspections
- Attend project meetings in house or on site
Academic & Professional Qualifications Requirements
- At least 3 years’ post-graduation experience gained working on Residential, Commercial & Educational Developments. Also experience in reinforced concrete structures and drainage design would be desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- An understanding of Microsoft Power Platforms
- Solid mathematical aptitude and effective project management skills
- Ability to gather, interpret and present relevant data and information internally to clients
- Ability to self-manage with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Relevant industry experience, with direct emphasis on buildings and structural engineering
- Experience of working AutoCAD, BIM /REVIT
- Full UK driving license
Hours: Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pmHoliday: 25 days + bank holidaysBenefits: Private Health Cover/Private Pension SchemeWFH Policy: Applicable post probation
- Hold accredited Meng or BEng degree in civil or structural engineering
- Be looking to become or be in the process of becoming Chartered
- Associate-Members of the Institution of Structural Engineers would also be considered