My client is a multidiscipline building consultancy, specialising in the educational, commercial, ecclesiastical, and residential sector. They are made up of 35 people, with a head office in South East London. They have teams specialising in Architecture, Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying, CDM Consultancy and Project Management. They have been in business for the last 60 years and show no signs of slowing down!
They are currently looking for a Building Surveyor with experience in the above sectors. The ideal candidate will be ambitious, keen to join an already successful team, and enjoy the family oriented culture!
- Project works – Public Sector, Educational, Residential, Community, Commercial and Ecclesiastical
- Professional works – Dilapidations, Party walls and condition surveys, writing reports for submittal and preparation of schedule of works
- Conduct inspections where necessary
- Manage projects from cradle to grave
- Attending site under own initiative and conduct accurate surveys where appropriate
- Managing own workload – autonomous role but in a collaborative team
- Maintaining existing strong relationships with clients as well as establishing new ones
- Experience working in a multitude of sectors on projects with values ranging from £100k - £8m
- 4 + years industry experience
- Ability to prioritise conflicting workloads
- Marketing experience preferred
- Capable of diligently working alone or as part of a team
- AutoCAD / Revit experience preferred but not essential
This firm has been one of the most successful in the industry for the last 60 years. From operating such a long time, they have existing great client relationships that span decades. Working in a multitude of sectors gives candidates the platform to learn something new every day, adapt and rise to new challenges, and progress into partner level in the long term.
They are incredibly proud of their retention of staff – some people who have worked there have been there around 9 years, going all the way up to 25.
For more junior surveyors, how they support them going through the APC program is second to none. And by being able to work in different sectors, they find they have a very high success rate!
Because everyone has been able to flourish working from home, there is flexibility on percentage of time you need to be in the office. SALARY PACKAGE:
- £35k - £45k DOE
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays