COMMERCIAL BIOGAS ENGINEER x 2
- Based in Maidstone
- 100 engineers as a company
- There are of cover work is in Kent, West Sussex.
- Projects are Offices, Schools, Hospitals, Industrial, Biomass Farms
- Service, maintenance & Breakdown
Due to growth in this sector and additional contracts secured, we are looking to add to our team of highly trained Biogas Engineers.
Working within a team of experienced engineers dedicated to the contracts for the maintenance, repair and upgrading of biogas systems in landfill, anaerobic digestion, biogas distribution and final gas use. Your role:
- Support the safe, efficient and effective running of the team, ensuring best practice and compliance with Health & Safety requirements, including HSEQ policies, working to RAMS, and following company procedures.
- Carry out the servicing of boiler plant, gas boosters and compressors.
- Inspect, maintain and repair safety devices, gauges, flare stacks and pipework.
- Repair and maintain stainless steel gas pipe systems, sewage sludge heat exchangers and components.
- Repair and maintain gas bags and gas storage vessels.
- Remove sewage sludge and water from flooded areas after a “foam-over” or system failure.
- Repair cracks and leaks to anaerobic digesters, pressure test and purge.
- Work with the team on digester draining, testing and nitrogen purge.
- Join out of hours call out rota to cover client site breakdowns and emergencies.
- May be required to attend site as a “Lone Worker”.
- Obtain equipment details and part numbers to facilitate ordering of spares.
- Complete Engineer Reports, test sheets and service records.
- Other tasks as required by your Supervisor/Line Manager.
SALARY & PACKAGE
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with commercial gas installations.
- Gas Safe: COCN1, ICPN1, TCPA1, TPCP1, BMP1, CDGA1, CIGA1 as a minimum
- Preferred OFTEC 101, 105, 600A and 201
- Trained and comfortable to work within confined spaces with the use of “escape sets” and “fall arrest” equipment.
- Emergency first aid at work
- Basic knowledge of biogas systems in the water industry would be advantageous.
- Ability to work on your own, or as part of a team.
- A ‘can do’ attitude, and willing to help others.
PLEASE CONTACT SEAN HITCHMAN ON 020 7932 2800 / SHITCHMAN @ RGB .CO .UK
- From £17.22p/h (45 Hour Week)
- Door to Door Travel
- 25 Days Hols + 8 BH
- Van & Fuel Card
- 1 in 4 or 5. £150 paid standby, and then £30 per hour thereafter if called out with a minimum of 3hrs paid.
- Full PPE
- Pension - 5% Employee / 3 % Company
- Phone – or they will pay you an allowance of £10 a month for use of your own.
- Employee Assistance Programme – free phone to counselling, financial advisors, legal advisors