Looking for an interesting and varied administration role?
Our client is a well-established, engineering design consultancy that are based in South west London. They employ circa 25 people and are growing due to increased work load in their sector. They are looking for an administrator/ admin assistant to join their friendly and busy office. The role will report to the office manager, but also to the operations Director.
The job will be varied and requires someone who is adaptable and able to support various teams. A candidate that has worked in an engineering/ construction/ building related environment would be highly desirable, but they are willing to train up someone with administration experience in another type of sector. It would be expected that you will have a minimum of two years experience in another administration role.
- General clerical/secretarial duties including typing letters, memos, reports, printing documents, filing and promptly answering all incoming telephone calls
- Provide accurate and effective administration to the Operations/Commercial Director and the Engineering Project teams.
- To maintain documentation and health and safety records for the Engineering Team.
- Technical filing on to computer-based business systems.
- Preparing, printing and binding of documents, drawings and technical documents for colleagues or Clients as requested and required.
- To effectively and accurately prepare any outgoing information/Post and arrange for its delivery as per requested date, time and method e.g. Post/Courier/Email/Fax etc
- To effectively administer all departmental records including meeting minutes to an auditable standard, in whatever form or system may be relevant.
- To review, amend and create new records and other documents.
- Structuring and maintaining the departments paper & digital files
- To review the incoming payment applications & invoices prior to the Office Manager/Operations Director’s approval and distribution to Project Leaders for their approval for payment.
- To maintain the Operations Department calendar to ensure all significant dates and appointments are recorded and communicated appropriately within the department and Company.
- Supporting the Office Manager/Operations Director in research and analysis to meet the Company and Client’s needs and objectives
- To liaise with suppliers to provide accurate information relating to the ordering of goods and services as required.
- Assist in procuring all goods and services for the department (PPE, Stationary, Electrical equipment etc.), maintaining any stock target levels as necessary, checking in all deliveries as they arrive and resolving any anomalies.
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving personal contribution to the organisation’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
- To make regular posts on the Company’s social media accounts (LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter).
- Assist the external IT Support company in resolving internal office PC/Laptop software and hardware issues
- Provide Commercial admin assistance to the Operations Director