Are you a graduate (either with or without experience) with an environmental science / land management / land restoration / forestry related degree, that is interested in land restoration?
Our client is looking for a candidate to identify brownfield land sites that would be suitable for planting trees on and managing the relationship with the land owner and regulatory bodies in order to make this happen
Initially you will be working under a senior consultant who has a broad understanding of land restoration and management so its a great opportunity to get mentored for those with little experience or looking to progress .
Initially the role will be quite admin orientated however, going forward the expectation is that this role would expand with the expectation that any new staff member would be able have a mixture of skill sets around soils, mineral and landfill operations and in particular restoration, forestry and broader habitat creation and management, grant funding and regulation, budgeting, and project management.
For this role we would considern applications from raw graduates or also candidates with relevant experience in landfill / contaminated land / mineral extraction/ land management or forestry
Main Responsibilities (when fully trained) will include
• Assist in the preparation of planning applications with reference to reviewing and commenting on soils, restoration, aftercare management, biodiversity management and long-term management agreements.
• Provide technical advice and assist in the preparation and implementation of restoration, working methods and material movements, ensuring that the obligations under the approved restoration schemes are met and high standards are maintained.
• Provide technical advice and assist in the preparation and implementation of aftercare management schemes, ensuring that high standards are maintained to bring land to the suitable standard to support the intended after-use.
• Provide technical advice and advise on preparation and implementation of biodiversity management plans, liaising with site managers and external stakeholders.
• Preparation, review and management of restoration and aftercare management costs, and financial provisioning in line with accounting policies for restoration.
• Interaction with internal and external stakeholders to highlight best practice, excellence and innovation in restoration, aftercare, and biodiversity management.
The Ideal Candidate:
• The role will require someone who has strong communication and management skills supported by proven knowledge and expertise in land restoration, biodiversity management and legislation.
• You will also be qualified to degree level in a relevant degree and/or Chartered Status through the relevant Professional Bodies.
• Furthermore, being able to demonstrate knowledge of mineral extraction and associated processing techniques and having good influencing skills would also be beneficial.