Senior M&E Estimator - West London - 70 - 90K
Salary: £70k – 90k including pension, Car allowance, laptop, mobile phone, 25 days holiday + bank, Opportunities to progress into a sales director
Reporting to: Operations Director
The Senior M&E Estimator will oversee and manage all mechanical & Electrical tenders / enquiries. The post holder will ensure that all tenders are completed on time and to the required standard. Managing client expectations will be a key purpose of the role along with managing the handover process to our projects delivery team upon project award. In addition to this, the post holder will also offer technical support to the projects delivery team.
• Be responsible for ensuring bids are submitted on time and to a high standard.
• Report as required on the progress of each bid against agreed programme.
• Review technical solutions to ensure most cost efficient solutions are submitted
• Present internally for approval, information including technical responses, staffing and administration structures for bid preparation.
• Co-ordinate, prepare and continually review bid submissions
• Prepare meeting schedules and coordination of the design and construct teams
• Prepare bid presentations
• Expand, develop, and maintain new relationships with existing and new clients
• Provide coaching and mentoring to engineers within own area of expertise.
• Provide technical advice and guidance within own area of expertise.
• Contribute to departmental meetings.
• Carry out other duties consistent with the job-holder’s knowledge and skills which are necessary for the satisfactory completion of contracts or business goals.
• An enquiring approach with a desire to explore innovative ideas whilst still understanding the need for a good commercial balance.
• Good understanding and technical knowledge / qualifications within commercial gas, plumbing, HVAC, BMS industries – essential.
• Good understanding and technical knowledge within the electrical industry – essential.
• Experience in a customer facing role, with a proven track record of building client relationships – essential.
• Ability to understand and produce estimates / tenders – essential.
• Scrutinise and verify supplier and subcontractor quotations for compliance with applicable specifications.
• Ability to read drawings and design specifications – essential.
• Evidence of continued professional development - essential.
• Proven management skills - proven ability to lead and manage individual performance -essential
• Good communication skills (written & verbal) - essential.
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office programmes – essential
• Competent in the use of estimation software – essential.
• Produce management reports, key performance indicators and financial data to demonstrate service delivery and improvement, devising service plans and strategies to meet deadlines and targets
• Qualifications within the industry - essential
• 10 years’ experience within senior role – desirable
• Bidding/sales experience - essential
• Current good standing relationships with clients are a plus
• Current good standing relationships with mechanical contractors in the area are a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills – essential