Semi Static/ Mobile Fabric Improver - West London W5 - £20,000 - £28,000
My Client is a leading HVAC company who have been running for over 30 years, providing service maintenance and breakdown to a wide portfolio of clients within London and the home counties.
- HVAC Specialist Company
- Based in Manchester & Crayford
- Running for over 30 years
- Privately owned business
- £4mil turn over
- Employ over 30 HVAC Engineers & 10 Commercial Gas Engineers as a business
- A lot of sub contract work for CBRE - biggest client
- Also some multi tenanted office space
- We are recruiting for a Semit Static Building Fabric Technician/Improver to join our existing team on one our of our longest standing clients site.
- The role is based on a site in W5 with travel to sites in London and the Home Counties (including Grays Inn Road, High Wycombe, Ealing) when required by the client
- The successful candidate would ideally have experience in a similar role and be able to adapt to the client’s requirements and expectations but this role would suit an improver too who is keen to learn and progress.
The purpose of the role will be to work with one of our longest standing clients on their main office as well as attending other sites when necessary to maintain service delivery and quality of service as per our contract with a pro-active approach.
Examples of tasks undertaken within this role (this list is not complete):
- To carry out building fabric repair tasks as dictated by clients Facilities team
- To undertake specific tasks allocated to ensure smooth running of the sites. These are produced as PPM job sheets.
- To carry out and assist with furniture moves and office set ups when requested in normal working hours and out of hours.
- Support for the resident team during normal working hours and outside of normal working hours.
- To carry out minor electrical duties which includes re-lamping of failed lamps, changing of faulty light fittings, EML testing and electrical floor box moves.
- To undertake engineering reactive duties when required and instructed.
- To carry out daily/ weekly building fabric survey’s and checks.
- To maintain a consistent KPI score (Weekly & Monthly data) between average and good with timesheets, job sheets, extra works etc
- To prepare extra works costing sheets and supporting quotation documentation for extra works quotations.
- Checking calendar for meeting room set ups
- Tidy of workshop area once a week and taking ownership of areas
- Carrying out office moves, setting up computers etc
- Porterage duties when required
- Building of furniture
- Basic plumbing tasks
- Unblocking and treating of toilets/sinks
- Painting and decorating tasks
- Repair/replace/patch in carpet tiles and vinyl flooring
- Replacement of ceiling tiles
- Hanging/fixing various equipment to walls and ceilings
- Installation of TV
- Basic AV cabling, aerial and data connections etc
- Running of cables
- Basic appliance failure investigation, source and order of parts and repair if possible
- Check on basic power issues with assistance and support from the resident engineer
SALARY & PACKAGE
- A Good ability and skill level to carry out building fabric tasks
- In date CSCS card desirable
- Additional qualifications such as IPAF, PASMA etc are also highly advantageous
- Basic electrical knowledge advantageous
- Good customer facing skills
- Ensure all site documentation is in place including Health & Safety RAMS’s (risk assessments and specific method statements).
- Regular commitment for overtime (min 2 Saturdays per month)
- Travel to satellite sites on fixed dates and as and when required
- Enthusiastic approach to work
- Keen and hard working
- Full clean UK driving licence a must!
PLEASE CONTACT SEAN HITCHMAN ON 020 7932 2800 / SHITCHMAN @ RGB .CO. UK
- £20,000 – £28,000
- Working hours Monday – Friday, 7.30am – 4.30pm
- Regular commitment for overtime (min 2 Saturdays per month) paid at x1.5
- 25 days holiday & 8 Bank Holidays
- Mobile phone and tablet provided
- Van & Fuel Card
- Pension scheme available
- Death in service insurance available
- Healthcare scheme available after two years
- Progression and training available
- This position is also subject to a DBS disclosure.