My client were established in 1993, we provide a full range of Mechanical & Electrical services to clients for properties in London and the Home Counties
Properties are either direct with the owner or via managing agents. Basically, we look after the building’s communal plant rooms (boilers etc.) that serve the apartments or offices and sometimes air conditioning plant and other services.
They looks after over 130 contract properties and undertakes the planned preventative maintenance and remedial works utilising their own commercial gas, auxiliary and electrical engineers, and a combination of over 20 specialist sub-contractors covering Building Management Systems (BMS), Combined Heat & Power (CHP) boilers, air conditioning, water treatment & hygiene etc.
Following substantial growth in our installation projects, we are now seeking a qualified and experienced Gas Engineer with a bias towards installations however the role will also cover routine servicing works on our contract sites as and when necessary.
This is a mobile position which will require daily travel within London and the Home Counties (vehicle to be provided).
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Responsible for the installation of commercial gas boilers, cylinder replacements and mechanical equipment on a range of Commercial sites
- Testing and commissioning on a variety of heating systems
- Repair and diagnose faulty boilers
- Repairing or replacing other plant i.e. pumps, pipe work, tanks, actuators and valves
- Working with the internal job management system for planning of works required
- Carrying out PPM and reactive maintenance across our portfolio of clients
- Servicing and replacing parts as required
- Accurate completion of all paperwork in connection with company policies, procedures and legislation
- Representing the company to the exceptionally high standard and reputation they have built
The ideal candidate will be looking to invest in their own professional development as well as the company. You must be confident, professional and presentable in representing the company and the following requirements are essential:-
Salary and Package Details
- Valid Commercial Gas Qualifications (Non-Domestic Air Heating Equipment, Overhead Plaque &Tube Converters, Direct Fired Appliances, Gas Installation Pipework, First Fix Commercial Pipework, Pipework Testing and Purging, Non-Domestic Testing and Purging up to and over 1m3, Non-Domestic Hot Water Boilers, Indirect Fired Heating Appliances)
- To be able to understand pipework schematic drawings and follow to install as per drawings when available
- Ability to work independently with good problem-solving skills
- Must be familiar with and able to install / commission a variety of manufacturers’ boilers
- Full UK driving license is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience in a similar mobile commercial gas/heating engineering role
PLEASE CONTACT SEAN HITCHMAN ON 020 7932 2800 / SHITCHMAN@RGB.CO.UK
- Up to £55,000
- Annual entitlement of 20 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays on joining (allocation increases to 25 days after completion of 1 year of service)
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- Pension scheme
- Training and development support
- Mobile phone and tablet
- Uniform and PPE
- Working hours will be 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday plus on call/standby for evenings and weekends based on a 1 in 8 week shift