Small M&E Contractor who are turning over £3mil this year are based in Brentwood who have been operating for over 3 years.
Currently employ around 40 staff with an office team of 3.
They specialise predominantly within Residential Projects, mix of refurbs & New Builds. All these tend to be based across London & The Home Counties.
Next year is a big year for them and they are projecting to Turnover around £7mil. They have a large project (£4mil) starting in London early next year.
Due to growth, they are seeking a Graduate Quantity Surveyor who has had 1+ years experience as within MEP.
Monday – Friday
8am – 5pm (flexible working hours)
Based out of their Brentwood Office, you will be working alongside the MD of the Company working across their entire portfolio of contracts.
Project values vary from £900,000 - £4,000,000 – the majority of them are Residential, with a split between New Builds and Refurbishments.
The Ideal candidate will have at least 1 years experience as a Graduate/Junior M&E Quantity Surveyor and have experience carrying out Take Offs, this is critical.
But they must have the right attitude, commitment and drive to succeed.
You will be working closely with a Senior member of staff to learn daily and further progress your skillset.
SALARY & PACKAGE
- Cost Estimation: Assist in preparing accurate cost estimates and budgets for M&E projects, including materials, labour, equipment, and subcontractor costs.
- Procurement: Collaborate with the procurement team to source and evaluate subcontractor and supplier quotations, negotiate pricing and terms, and assist in the selection of vendors.
- Bill of Quantities: Assist in the preparation of detailed bills of quantities (BOQ) and schedules of rates for M&E elements of construction projects.
- Tendering Process: Support the senior quantity surveyor in the tendering process, including analysing and evaluating tender submissions, assisting with subcontractor selection, and preparing tender reports.
- Contract Administration: Assist in the preparation, review, and administration of contracts, including subcontract agreements, variations, and change orders.
- Cost Control: Monitor project costs and expenditures, track variations, and assist in the preparation of cost reports. Identify cost-saving opportunities and suggest value engineering options.
- Valuations and Payments: Assist in the preparation of interim and final valuations for M&E works, ensuring accuracy and compliance with contractual requirements. Review and verify subcontractor payment applications.
- Cost Reporting: Contribute to regular cost reporting to the project team and clients, providing updates on project financial status, variations, and cash flow projections.
- Claims and Dispute Resolution: Assist in the evaluation and preparation of claims, as well as participate in dispute resolution processes, such as negotiations and mediation.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with relevant industry standards, codes, and regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
£30,000 - £35,000 (Depending on experience)
20 Days Holiday & Bank Holidays
Rest of the package is up for negotiation. PLEASE CONTACT CONNOR GRAHAM ON 020 7932 2800 / CGRAHAM @ RGB.CO .UK