Job Title Mobile Building Fabric Technician Hammersmith
Reporting to Contract Manager responsible for Site Portfolio and the Client
Based 3/5 days a week in West London W5 and ad -hoc visits to other sites in :
- High Wycombe
Hours of Work 07.30 to 16.30
Salary £26,000 - £32,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Due to retirement of a long standing member of staff, we are recruiting for an experienced Building Fabric Technician to join our existing team on one of our longest standing client’s site.
The role is based on a site in W5 with travel to sites in London and the Home Counties (including Grays Inn Road, High Wycombe, Ealing) when required by the client
The successful candidate must have experience in a similar role and be able to adapt to the client’s requirements and expectations.
The purpose of the role will be to work with one of our longest standing clients on their main office as well as attending other sites when necessary to maintain service delivery and quality of service as per our contract with a pro-active approach.
• To carry out building fabric repair tasks as dictated by client’s Facilities team
• To undertake specific tasks allocated by client to ensure smooth running of the sites. This are produced as PPM job sheets.
• To carry out and assist with furniture moves and office set ups when requested in normal working hours and out of hours.
• Support for the resident team during normal working hours and outside of normal working hours.
• To carry out minor electrical duties which includes re-lamping of failed lamps, changing of faulty light fittings, EML testing and electrical floor box moves.
• To undertake engineering reactive duties when required and instructed.
• To carry out daily/ weekly building fabric survey’s and checks.
• To maintain a consistent KPI score (Weekly & Monthly data) between average and good with timesheets, job sheets, extra works etc
• To prepare extra works costing sheets and supporting quotation documentation for extra works quotations.
Examples of tasks undertaken within this role (this list is not complete):
• Checking calendar for meeting room set ups
• Tidy of workshop area once a week and taking ownership ofareas
• Carrying out office moves, setting up computers etc
• Porterage duties when required
• Building of furniture
• Basic plumbing tasks
• Unblocking and treating of toilets/sinks
• Painting and decorating tasks
• Repair/replace/patch in carpet tiles and vinyl flooring
• Replacement of ceiling tiles
• Hanging/fixing various equipment to walls and ceilings
• Installation of TV
• Basic AV cabling, aerial and data connections etc
• Running of cables
• Basic appliance failure investigation, source and order of parts and repair if possible
• Check on basic power issues with assistance and support from the resident engineer
• Working hours Monday – Friday, 07.30 -16.30
• Regular commitment for overtime (min 2 Saturdays per month)
• 25 days holiday
• Company Vehicle – van
• Tablet to complete jobs via Big Change system and complete weekly paperwork including time sheets etc.
• Mobile phone
• Pension scheme available
• Death in service insurance available
• Healthcare scheme available after two years
• Progression and training available
• This position is also subject to a DBS disclosure.