Based: Crayford, Kent
Salary : £30 - £42k depending on experience, qualification and location
My client are a Building Services company seeking experienced HR Manager to join their team in Crayford.
Either based from their Crayford, Kent, or Halifax, West Yorkshire offices, travel between both will be required when necessary with accommodation/fuel/expenses covered.
A full UK driving license will be required for travel to offices and other HR meetings such as on site etc.
Career progression is highly encouraged and future opportunities of applying for senior management positions will be available to those who show the desire and commitment to take the next step and responsibilities.
The role requires the following qualifications and experience
- Collaborating with other managers in the business to ensure the smooth running of the company from a people perspective.
- Partnering with senior management team including the MD, to establish and roll-out people-related strategy.
- Determining staffing needs and creating practical and trackable solutions
- Oversee the recruitment, selection and onboarding process for new employees. Including administration of employee related paperwork such as employment contracts, new starter packs, or formal notices of termination.
- Lead new starter company inductions
- Oversee Apprenticeship schemes
- Determine suitable salary and remuneration packages for new and existing employees.
- Develop adequate induction and training plans. Arranging training for staff according to the teams' needs and their individual goals
- Support employee opportunities for professional development and identify and coordinate training needs for all company staff.
- Assist with the appraisal, performance and management review process
- Oversee staff attendance and absence monitoring including return to work interviews
- Manage succession planning of staff
- Manage, maintain, and update staff file database/training matrix on all company platforms
- Carry out research with regards to employment, compliance and regulatory concerns regarding employees and ensure best practise is implemented across the organisation.
- Carry out research and analysis with regards to ongoing employee relations and staff retention
- Prepare HR reports periodically to Senior Management eg Examine and report to Board of Directors on company and teams structures and the efficiency of existing people operations
- Implement effective staff well-being programs
- Being up to date and interested in leading edge thinking and best practice approaches to HR, including all relevant legislation, considering its impact on the companies HR strategy, and recommending appropriate action when needed. Ensuring that a company’s procedures comply with employment regulations
- Draft and carry out staff satisfaction surveys
- Carry out administrative duties related to all HR matters;
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc)
- Oversee and resolve staff disciplinary and grievance issues
- Monitor and support Office Manager with general office administration duties
- Organising staff work social events and parties
Salary & Package
- Demonstrable hands-on experience, working in a People (HR) generalist role in a fast-paced growing company.
- Essential you’re confident owning HR tasks such as Benefit & Reward, Recruitment, L&D, Policies, Culture and People Strategy.
- Experience creating policies and systems for HR best practices like performance management, fair recruitment and selection and staff handbooks
- CIPD/HR qualification or HR Degree would be advantageous
- High degree of customer service, confidentiality, and professionalism
- A comprehensive understanding of current Employment Law with the ability to apply this knowledge and advise colleagues confidently
- A full UK driving license will be required for travel to offices and other HR meetings such as on site etc.
- £30 - £42k depending on experience, qualification and location
- Working Hours Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Travel between both will be required when necessary with accommodation/fuel/expenses covered.
- Hot desk role – working at various locations within the office building using laptop and docking stations for confidentiality reasons
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme available
- Death in Service cover available
- Healthcare scheme available after two years
- 3-month probationary period
- Sociable company with regular events throughout the year
- Welcoming environment and friendly team
- Progression and training available
- Full training on company specific/internal systems will be provided