The Contract Manager will be responsible for the delivery of an established HVAC Maintenance Contract for a leading STEM University in the East London Area.
Based on site the Contract Manager will be responsible for overseeing the efficient delivery of Statutory Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) to 6000 assets, managing 750 responsive repairs, and coordinating 800 quoted jobs annually.
The role involves leading a team of professionals, including contract administrators, an engineering supervisor, lead engineers in gas and mechanical systems, and a refrigeration and air conditioning (RAC) specialist together with a team of directly employed engineers.
- Ensure the successful execution of the HVAC maintenance contract, meeting all statutory PPM requirements. Oversee the delivery of responsive repairs and manage the completion of quoted jobs within specified timelines. Monitor and review contract performance against key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Provide effective leadership to a team of 14 maintenance engineers, fostering a collaborative and high performance culture. Supervise and support the contract administrators, engineering supervisor, and lead engineers in gas and mechanical, and RAC.
- Allocate resources efficiently to meet maintenance demands, ensuring optimal workforce utilisation. Coordinate with the engineering supervisor to schedule and prioritize maintenance tasks. Must be able to schedule dynamically to meet in day demands
- Implement and maintain quality control measures to ensure all maintenance activities comply with industry standards and regulations. Conduct regular audits and inspections to assess the quality of work performed.
- Cultivate positive relationships with university stakeholders and address any concerns or feedback promptly. Collaborate with the client to understand evolving needs and ensure service delivery aligns with university objectives
- Work closely with the finance department to manage and control the maintenance WIP effectively, be responsible for billed work volume, contract P & L. Identify cost-saving opportunities and optimise resource allocation to maximize efficiency.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities adhere to client health and safety regulations. Implement and monitor safety protocols to minimize risks and create a safe working environment.
- Generate regular reports on contract performance, including KPIs, budgetary status, and completed tasks. Maintain accurate documentation of maintenance activities, repairs, and quoted jobs.
Post Holder Requirements:
SALARY & PACKAGE Salary:
- In-depth knowledge of HVAC systems, equipment, and components.
- Knowledge of health and safety systems and processes related to HVAC systems and maintenance activities. KPI management.
- Customer service orientation with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Proven experience of HVAC maintenance contract management.
- Experienced leader with developed people management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of statutory PPM requirements and industry best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- P&L management experience.
- Proficiency in using CAFM software for effective management of maintenance activities, asset tracking, and resource allocation.
- Possess digitalskills to analyse data generated by CAFM systems to identify trends, optimise performance, and make informed decisions.
20 days per annum (April to March) plus 8 bank holidays (28 days total)Sickness:
: 6 Months with a review at 3 and 6 months Performance Review :
Annual (to be confirmed)Pension
:Auto enrolment (5% and 3%) PLEASE CONTACT SEAN HITCHMAN ON 020 7932 2800 / SHITCHMAN @ RGB.CO.UK