THE JOB – Mechanical Project Manager
- My client are a rapidly growing M&E Contractor who are based in Kent.
- With a team of circa 30 engineers, they provide services from Design, Installation through to Service, Maintenance & Breakdown to their portfolio of clients.
- They work in the following sectors: MOD, NHS, MET Police, Healthcare, Commercial, Education, Leisure, Industrial & Residential.
They are looking to employee a mechanical project manager to strengthen our expanding mechanical team across a variety of sectors, including but not limited to schools, MOD, MET Police and NHS.
The position will be split 75% Office Based & 25% Site Based.
You will work directly beneath the Mechanical Director who has had an extensive career with HVAC & Commercial Gas.
50K TO 750K
Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years experience within mechanical project management, with a ONC/HNC or HND in mechanical services. The Mechanical Project Manager role will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Attend progress meetings with clients, subcontractors and specialist subcontractors for on site coordination works
- Proven track record in completing risk assessments and writing method statements * Ability to do accurate measurements and site surveys
- Managing Supervisors, site personnel, trades sub-contractors etc.
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Leadership, management, and ability to organise effectively
- Good verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Mechanical Engineering background
- Water industry experience (preferred)
- Technical and design understanding
- IOSH or NEBOSH an advantage
- Commercial sense and understanding.
- Ability to run multiple jobs at once.
- Understanding of procurement processes
The position is for a permanent employment with a 6 month probationary period. SALARY & PACKAGE
Company Car / Car Allowance
28 Days Holiday (including bank holidays)