My client are a privately owned SME that specialises in consultancy, design, engineering and construction solutions, looking after Mechanical, Electrical, Refrigeration & Construction Disciplines.
They are looking for an ambitious and experienced Mechanical project manager, to join their growing team and department.
This role would be managing a range of building services projects with a clear sustainability drive and focus.
Projects will be retail-focused and so experience in the delivery of retail projects is essential.
THE ROLE – MECHANICAL PROJECT MANAGER
- Project Values will range from £10k - £1mil
- Projects will be in a 50 mile radius of Leeds.
- 9.00am – 5.30pm / 37.5 Hour week with hour lunch
As a Project Manager, you will be working on carbon reduction and net zero focused projects replacing and installing new plant and equipment.
This will include, but not be limited to, heating, ventilation and air conditioning projects, switch cubicle, panel and distribution board replacement and installation projects, controls and BMS projects, refrigeration projects, safety and detection systems projects and combinations of all of the above.
This will also include the management of the builders work in conjunction with the M&E work.
The Project Manager will have overall responsibility for the planning, management, coordination and financial control of these projects and be expected to be able to manage multiple projects at varying stages simultaneously.
You will be required to drive initiatives from the initial concept and design through to handover. GENERAL DUTIES:
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Attend design meeting with the consultants and clients to review and plan works.
- Plan and schedule work from project conception right through to completion.
- Co-ordinate and manage the Mechanical and Electrical aspects of multiple projects.
- Work with Departments Representatives, Estates Managers, & Management Surveyors to ensure that engagement is efficient and pro-active.
- Knowledge of current relevant legislation.
- Ability to prepare design briefs, tender documents and contracts for projects from minor works up to larger works supporting the site development plan
- Ability to demonstrate effective presentation skills with external meetings.
- To manage a project team of individuals whether internal or external.
- Overseeing overlapping projects to ensure costs, quality and programme remain in line with forecasts.
- Compiling bids for work.
- Working with schedules of rates.
- Calculating the cost of materials, transport, labour and equipment hire.
- Obtaining quotes for all predicted requirements from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Variation management.
- Clarifying the client’s needs, compiling and submitting tender returns.
- Reading plans, taking measurements and quantities.
- Use of relevant computer software such as Excel, Word.
- Labour planning.
- Financial forecasting and reporting.
- Assessing and adhering to all risk assessments and health and safety requirements.
- Keeping up to date with inflation, exchange rates, materials, labour contractual and projected timescale costs.
- Knowledge of commonly used contracts such as but not limited to JCT / NEC.
- Making visits to construction sites to assess progress and provide clear direction to the project team as required.
- Chairing / attending site meetings.
- Liaising with others including construction managers, planners and design teams.
- Presenting bids to clients and / or their representatives.
- Completing work quality submissions.
- Generation of case studies for future marketing.
- Snagging management.
- Creation and issue of O&M manuals
SALARY & PACKAGE
- Asbestos Awareness (Desirable)
- Confident using a range IT Skills, proficient user of MS Office Products, with good typing skills.
- A “can do” attitude, self-motivated with a flexible approach.
- Ensure operational processes are carried out end to end.
- Fast learner who enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organisational skills.
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload effectively.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to come up with creative solutions to issues.
- Sound knowledge of construction practices and standards
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Clean driving license
£40,000 - £50,000 – for both – can be flexible
Car Allowance (10% of salary)
25 days annual leave (+bank holidays).
Laptop & Screen.
Career & growth opportunities.
Fantastic Company Culture PLEASE CONTACT SEAN HITCHMAN ON 020 7932 2800 / SHITCHMAN @ RGB.CO .UK