HVAC/ Mechanical Project Manager - Central London- £50k/£60k + car allowance
The Company :
I am currently representing a well-established building service company based in Dartford. They have Been operating for over 22 years and Employ over 80 engineers within London & Home Counties. They have 4 UK Offices nationwide.
Their main clientele include Public and private sector from Commercial, Health, Finance, Education and Rail with notable customers such as Kings College London, University College London, Standard Bank, NHS and Westminster Schools. Their Portfolio of works range from £20,000 to £2million.
- £50k £60k basic
- Car Allowance - £4,200 PA
- Holiday – 22 Days
- Company pension
- After Probationary period – Inclusion into company and personal bonus scheme which will provide up to 10% Bonus of basic salary
The project manager should have the following experience and skills:
- Review job estimate and prepare project budgets.
- Estimate and negotiate change orders/variations
- Prepare/ review submittals and Track, forecast, report labour hours and material costs
- Assist in procurement of major plant and equipment and subcontracts
- Maintain working knowledge of general conditions, work scope and specifications of project contract/subcontract
- Maintain and control documents in compliance with company Health & Safety Policies and Procedures as well as contractual compliance
- Supervise Project Engineers and subcontractors.
- Collaborate with field labour supervision to plan, organise and schedule project work including preparation of subcontract/contract integrated project schedule
- Review contract drawings, detail drawings and specifications
- Prepare fabrication shop work package including detail drawing review, material take off and procurement.
- Provide proactive, clear and timely communication to project department team members
- Regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each employee's essential job functions.
- Ability to accurately estimate mechanical and electrical works on (HVAC) systems and provide solutions
- Ability to lead and encourage a positive working environment
- Ability to manage clients and provide accurate understanding and assessments of the client’s requirements.
- Ability to understand and communicate basic mechanical and electrical concepts to clients and subcontractors.
- Advanced organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail - errors & mistakes can result in significant financial losses
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic - results driven
- Ability to self-generate project works with clients
- Ability to multi-task job responsibilities
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Project, Access, and AutoCAD
- Construction Management or Mechanical, or Engineering degree desired ( not essential)
- Engineering qualifications in Mechanical or HVAC
- Experience of HVAC systems and controls installations