A well-established structural engineering firm based in Kent are currently looking for a CAD Technician to join their team. They work on an assortment of commercial and residential projects, providing planning permission packages and building regulations including plans and structural calculations and giving guidance and provision to their clients at every stage of development. They have close relationships with their clients, local contractors, architects and chartered surveyors, it is important to them that they provide a safe and cost effective design solution with the highest level of service and quality.
Within this role you will be responsible for the creation of CAD drawings for a variety of permanent and temporary structural scheme designs ranging from large new builds, demolition, extensions and alterations/conversions.
You will have experience in the design of various:
Temporary works structures:
- Facade Retention -Tower and walings detail
- Various Access Scaffold & Gantry Structures detail
- Sheet Piling detail
- Piling Platform / Mat detail
- Needle Shoring & Propping detail
- Tower Crane Bases/ Foundation & Hoist detail
- Temporary Support for Basement detail
- Falsework & Formwork Design
- Others - Hoarding, Mortar Silo Base, Site Cabin Base detail
- Foundation detail - Pads & Ground Beams
- Domestic & Commercial Premises Conversions detail
- Steel Frame, Beam, Columns & Connection detail
- Timber Frame detail
- Retaining Wall detail
- Reinforcement detailing & Bar scheduling
To qualify for this role you will need a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in structural CAD design, mainly residential work like conversions, side, rear extensions, foundation design, steel element designs and connection.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that offers great career progression and professional training and development. As well as this, you will receive your own individual workstation/laptop, 20 days holiday allowance + bank holidays, annual summer and Christmas outings and various team building through the year.