Junior Plumber / TMV Service Engineer
Looking for a TMV Service Engineer to join the team. Training will be provided, however previous plumbing experience is desirable.
There will be an opportunity to progress and be trained as a plumber in the future.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Monday – Friday
- 40 Hour Weeks
- 8am – 5pm
- Covering Hospitals within the Hammersmith Area.
A thermostatic mixing valve (TMV) is a specially designed plumbing valve that carefully mixes hot and cold water to control hot water outlet temperatures to safe levels.
You will get a list of TMV’s to be serviced/checked and need to complete a worksheet for each and list the defects.
TMV Servicing and Maintenance is carried out in 4 stages, each stage is recorded and logged which you keep in your H&S record folder (Ideally with your Legionella monitoring documents)
- Visual Inspection
- Examine each TMV to identify if the correct specification valve is fitted, good accessibility and if isolation valves are fitted.
- Water Temperature
- Measure and record the mixed water temperature to ensure it is between 39°C and 43°C.
- TMV Failsafe Test
- Perform an in-service TMV failsafe shut-off test, isolating the cold water supply.
- Clean, Descale & Disinfect
- Isolate each TMV and clean, descale and disinfect valve components and fine mesh strainers.
- Multidisciplinary Building Services Company
- Operating for over 20 years
- Have 2 offices, Colchester & Liverpool Street
- The predominantly work within Hospitals and Commercial Properties.
- Clients include: Optimum, FES, Flowrite, EMCOR.
- They carry out predominantly AC, electrical, mechanical & plumbing works.
- 14 Engineers on their books as it stands.
SALARY & PACKAGE
- C&G Level 2 in Plumbing
- Previous Plumbing Experience
- Live locally to Hammersmith
- Be trustworthy, competent, reliable and good have communication.
- There will be paperwork to complete.
- They will also be communicating with Hospital staff so a polite nature
- The right person will have good communication skills, and will be self-motivated as generally they would get a list of TMV’s to be serviced/checked and need to complete a worksheet for each and list the defects.
• Circa £18,000
• 20 Days Holiday & 8 Bank Holidays PLEASE CONTACT SEAN HITCHMAN ON 020 7932 2800 / SHITCHMAN @ RGB . CO.UK