Are you looking to work for a well-respected and international multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, then apply here you now!
Senior Civil Engineer
Salary: up to £45(DOE)
An independent award winning multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join their team in Manchester. This company is very dynamic and will offer the transport planner the opportunity to work in different sectors such as education, health, commercial, residential, leisure, regeneration and master planning.
Perks of the opportunity:
Very active social club run by the staff for the staff which you will be invited to join. Past events have included ten-pin bowling, go-karting, treasure hunts and comedy club nights.
This company are committed to the training and personal development of their staff. They have a comprehensive training scheme fully accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers.
You will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on delivery of results to the clients. Working as part of a team and reporting to a Partner or Associate on a daily and weekly basis, you will work on a variety of Civil Engineering projects and be expected to:
- Own project production from inception to completion with Partner or Associate oversight only including project management plans, appointment documents, financial management, invoice drafting, report writing and calculation, specification, drawing and PDS/Civil 3D Model production.
- Prepare Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies to suit Client purposes.
- Provide leadership and management to the resources on a project basis.
- Take responsibility and provide technical/commercial knowledge and decisions to control our exposure to risk with Project Partner support as necessary.
- Liaise with co-professionals and clients on a project basis through meetings and conference calls etc, with input to information production and execution programmes.
- Delegate workload and monitor delivery and help train and mentor other team members.
Key skills required for the role:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience compiling submission to UK Building Control.
- Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in design of civil engineering solutions across highways and drainage design.
- Significant knowledge and experience of the principles and application of all relevant regulations and guidance including, but not limited to the most up-to-date versions of Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Sewers for Adoption, SuDS manual and NPPF.
- Experience of PDS, Micro drainage and AutoCAD (Civils 3D preferable).
- Knowledge and experience of the application of the CDM Regulations.
- Ability to plan and manage personal and team effectiveness.
- Be competent and confident in giving presentations internally and to clients and co-professionals on a project and general level.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the professional risks carried by the practice and the actions necessary to satisfy the terms of our appointments, warranties and insurances.