Do you want to work for a design consultancy that has sustainability principles at the heart of its business, then apply now!
Associate Flood Risk Engineer
Salary: £55k (DOE)
Hybrid working environment!
A large multi-disciplined international design consultancy are on the lookout for an Associate Flood Risk engineer to join their Water Infrastructure & Environmental team in London.
This consultancy are over 300 people strong across the board and have 14 people in their water & environmental team in London.
As the Associate you will be reporting to the technical director. The Associate will be leading and managing a team of seven flood risk engineers who produce FRAs for development projects in accordance with the NPPF, outline drainage/SuDS strategies and hydraulic modelling, both as part of multi-disciplinary teams and for the consultancies own external clients.
The projects the associate and the rest of the team will be working on are: residential, commercial, industrial and many more. The engineer will also be helping out junior staff members and approving their works.
Associate Flood Risk Engineer experience and skill requirements:
- The successful Associate is likely to have at least 5 years’ experience preparing FRAs, drainage strategies and flood alleviation schemes for public and private sector clients.
- Ideally degree qualified.
- Recognise and communicate flooding and drainage related constraints and opportunities at development sites.
- Experience producing and reviewing a wide range of FRAs and drainage strategies using Micro Drainage and knowledge of hydraulic modelling.
- Good knowledge of the planning system, in particular flood related policy and guidance such as the NPPF and SuDS Manual.
- Experience of leading public and private sector bids.
- Ability to manage a team to deliver both technical and financial targets.
- Good project management and communication skills in a client facing role.