Senior Civil Design Engineer
This international multi-disciplined consultancy are on the lookout for a Senior Civil Engineer to join a team of enthusiastic and committed team of Engineers and Technicians to work on high profile and interesting projects.
This company has 1100 people across the business globally and has doubled in size in the last 6 years with a turnover of over 100 million pounds!
- Their network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport.
- What you get will depend on what you do, with individual performance-related rewards on offer.
- Company car or cash allowance.
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan.
- Life assurance scheme.
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave.
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc).
- Family friendly policies.
- Employee assistance.
- Professional development.
Civil Engineer duties and responsibilities:
- Provide engineering services design and consultancy under the direction of the line manager
- Produce design deliverables (including drawings, specifications and reports), site surveys, construction stage duties, client liaison with members of design/construction teams, project management, costing and ensure progress against the project brief
- Check calculations and production of detailed drawings to ensure engineering designs meet appropriate quality and compliance controls, project brief and customer requirements.
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Contribute to the preparation of enquiry plans, tender reviews, fee estimate sheets, scopes of work and change controls as required.
- Undertake design of below ground drainage design (Surface and Foul Water) using Microdrainage.
- Undertake ground modelling and design levels using Civil 3D software.
- Design and specify external works for private and adopted schemes.
- Undertake flood risk assessments (Flood Zone 1)
- Apply for and obtain Water/Highways Authorities Agreements (i.e. S104, S106, S38/278).