Flood Risk & Drainage Engineer up to Associate level
Salary : £42,000 - 52,000 – Depends On Experience
An employee owned multi – disciplined engineering consultancy which consist of over 70 people are looking for an experienced flood risk engineer to join them in their Sheffield office which is 17 people strong.
The team you will be joining is the infrastructure design team with the Director and the relevant person will be interested and have experience in being client focussed. They have a lot of work going on at the moment and you will be working on projects from private clients to large housebuilders.
The role will involve developing and winning new work both organically within the existing business and externally from new clients.
- Only 2 core working days required a week in the office.
- Company bonus scheme. This has two elements, the first being a fee target element based upon income achieved above set targets (2½ times salary costs). Employees will be entitled to 20% of fee income received above the base target. The second element is a discretionary target based upon the profitability of the Group as derived from the net profit shown in the annual accounts. Should a bonus be payable on this basis, this is distributed across offices as determined by the Board of Directors based on a 60/40 split between the 2 elements.
- 25 days annual leave p.a. with usually an extra 2 days gifted by the Company for the closedown between Christmas and New Year.
- The ability to purchase an extra 5 days holiday per year.
- Mobile phone and laptop provided for business use.
- Private health insurance cover with BUPA.
- Company pension scheme at 4% contribution. We also operate a salary sacrifice scheme if staff would prefer to take that option.
- Death in service benefit of 4 x salary.
- Professional fees paid.
- Company credit card for out of pocket business expenses
Skill requirements for role:
- Flood risk management experience, including the use of WinDES/Micro Drainage software and CAD;
- Experience of technically leading and managing projects;
- Preparation/design of Drainage Strategies to support both outline and detailed planning applications;
- Project management and work winning experience
- Client Facing, proposal writing and report reviewing/approval experience
- Hydraulic modelling experience – would be beneficial
- Surface water and foul drainage design experience – beneficial
- Sustainable drainage (SuDS) design experience & AutoCAD – beneficial