Do you feel you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to take on a diverse range of projects, then why not work for a civil engineering multidiscipline consultancy!
Location - Sheffield
Salary : up to £35k
An independent, multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy is looking for a Drainage Engineer to join their team in their offices in Sheffield. This is a great opportunity for career progression and to work on a wide range of projects whilst working in a flexible working environment. There is also the opportunity to work in the same office as the four directors and therefore have the ability to forge the direction of the company and own career.
Other benefits of the opportunity is to earn a bonus and have the ability to work on all aspects of designs of the projects and be cross trained in other disciplines.
As the Drainage Engineer you will be reporting on a weekly basis to the Company Directors and working with others in the team or multi-disciplinary project teams, as required. The Drainage Engineer will form a key individual in the Water Services team (consists of 12) working closely with the Company Directors in addition to supporting the senior engineer staff and the service delivery of the planning projects. Working within a small team of hydrologists and geological engineers you will be responsible for delivering a wide range of hydrological and geo-environmental services across a wide spectrum of sectors, for example: Rail, Commercial, Residential, Utilities, Defence, Renewables.
The role will primarily be office based with travel required attending client meetings and sites.
- This consultancy is ideally seeking individuals ideally with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in this type of role preferably within consultancy.
- Extensive experience in the adoption of sewers, highways and public open spaces.
- Conversant with design software programmes such as AutoCAD, PDS, MX site and Windes.
- Modelling of hydrological events (e.g. FEH, ReFH), 1D/2D modelling of tidal and fluvial events (e.g. HECRAS, Flood Modeller, MIKE11/21), modelling of surface water flooding, surface water drainage systems (e.g. MicroDrainage) and mapping (e.g. GIS).
- Consultation with utility companies and establishing contracts for gas, water, electric, telephone and cable supply to the developments.
- Extensive experience in highway and drainage engineering for local authorities and private clients.
- Experienced in road, sewer and car park design for housing, commercial, leisure & education developments using the latest computer software packages for developments across the UK.
- Engineering design for plot external works including establishing plot levels, plot drainage, external levels, foundation design and retaining features.
- Consultation with local highway and water authorities with regard to design standards and technical approvals.
If you are an interested Drainage Engineer then please contact me, Vincent Murie, a specialist civil engineering consultant on 0207 932 2800 or email me your CV to email@example.com