Position: Head of department/Principal Infrastructure Engineer/Associate Director/Director
Salary: Between £60,000 and £65,000 depending on the individual candidate's experience.
A multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy are looking for a Principal Infrastructure Engineer to join their successful firm of Chartered Consulting Engineers at Associate Director level to assist in dealing with an increase in workload and the further development and expansion of the team.
You will be coming in to manage a team of around eight to ten Engineers/Technicians in the road and sewers department to achieve successful delivery of projects and reports.
This role predominantly covers the north of England, centred on Leeds, but will occasionally involve travel to other client sites across the UK.
- Fastrack progression to Director level, including company shareholding is available for the right candidate.
- 26 days paid annual leave, comprising your birthday, 22 flexible days, and 3 days fixed over the Christmas period. In addition, 8 bank holidays are provided, and the ability to buy up to 3 days additional leave.
- Flexible working with up to 2 days per week working from home, with agreement of Managing Director.
- Wellbeing Wednesday treats.
- Early Friday finish - 15:45hrs.
- Free on-site parking
- Contributory Pension Scheme,
- Chartered Professional fees paid
- Enrolment under the "BHSF Health" benefit scheme after 6 months service.
- Childcare vouchers under the Busy Bees Scheme.
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme,
- Social activities.
- Annual Bonus scheme.
- Quality control reviewing of design work and technical reports produced by the team.
- Mentoring, developing, and occasionally assisting in the recruitment of staff within your team.
- Duties will include project and team management in addition to liaising and negotiating with Clients and approving bodies. The candidate should be capable and confident in leading projects and meetings.
- Preparing and reviewing health and safety documents.
- Often being the lead client contact.
- Maintaining a general oversight of several projects per team member.
- The post is within the civil engineering team where, in addition to the above, you will be responsible for the design of highway and drainage schemes for commercial, industrial and residential developments. Experience in road (Section 38 & 278) and drainage (Section 104) design is essential and you should be competent in the use of relevant design software packages such as Micro drainage, PDS and AutoCAD.
- In addition, the candidate will have experience in designing sites from inception to completion, including the preparation of drainage appraisals and incorporating SUDS in accordance with the Local/Water Authority requirements.
- They should be eligible to live and work in the UK and will ideally have at least 10 years previous UK based consultancy experience within this field of work.
- Ability to delegate work to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff
- Knowledge and understanding of current technical standards.
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence.