An excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Highways Engineer to join a well-respected multi-disciplined organisation in their offices in Stockport!
Senior Highways Engineer
Salary: up to £50k (DOE)
A Senior Highways Engineer is an important operational and career development position in this organisation with key responsibilities to contribute to the development and implementation of projects and programmes of work.
The company specialises in infrastructure and buildings; the physical networks which keep the country moving and the places where people and communities can prosper.
Perks of the role:
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- Flexible working or full time working from home.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology.
- Access to the Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
- Arranging the procurement of highway improvement works through competitive tendering.
- Preparing schemes for tender using the NEC3 family of Forms of Contract, Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works including use of Specification for Highway Works and the Standard Method of Measurement.
- Undertaking feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options.
- Supervising and monitoring works on site, making valuations for payment assessments, chairing and managing progress meetings, identification and assessment of additional payments due to variation orders.
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council OR you will already be or fast approaching Chartered Member status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE).
- Extensive post qualification experience in the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures. A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
If you are an interested Senior Highways Engineer then please contact me, Vincent Murie, a specialist civil engineering consultant on 0207 932 2800.