Civil Infrastructure Engineer
This multi-disciplined consultancy which have over 125 staff over 7 offices in the UK, provides a full range of services through their specialist Chartered & Incorporated Consulting Engineers. They are looking for candidates that are at the Middleweight level. (Above fresh graduate level, but not Senior), example 3 – 7 years’ experience.
- Annual Leave-23 days per annum (3 days are to be kept to cover the Christmas/New Year office closure).
- Increasing to 24 days per annum from January 2016 (keeping 3 or 4 days for Christmas week).
- Option to buy / sell 3 additional annual leave days per annum.
- Employees are entitled to an additional 2 days holiday on completion of 5 years’ service and a further 1 day’s holidays on completion of 10 years’ service.
- Working Hours Core working hours are from 9.30am to 4.30pm. Therefore you may choose to start at 8am and leave at 4.30pm or start at 9.30am and leave at 6pm.
- Lunch can be taken between 12.30pm and 2pm.
- You can take a 30 minute lunch break instead of 1 hour so you can leave earlier.
- Flexibility is conditional upon you working 37.5 hours each week and being in attendance 5 days per week.
- Life Insurance.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Cash Plan.
- Dental, optical and wider therapy cover.
- Staff Discounts Online discounts relating to; electronics, travel, fashion, utility bills, groceries and many more.
- highway, or sewerage schemes in accordance with national and local authority specifications including S38 and S278 for highways and S104, S106 and S98 etc. for sewerage. Projects will include residential, commercial and industrial developments.
- Preparation of private drainage layouts, external levels, geometric setting out, and construction details etc. for residential, commercial and industrial schemes for NHBC or Building Regulation approval.
- Drawings to be produced using AutoCad Civil 3D. Calculations to be produced using industry standard software i.e. WinDes by MicroDrainage.
- Undertake pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations. Knowledge of design and implication of flood risk assessments and SUD`s techniques advantageous.
- Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles etc.
- Civil/Structural engineering degree Or HND/HNC in civil engineering.
- Use of Auto Cad Civil 3D preferred but not essential.
- Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing.
- Working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES.