Do you want to work for a design consultancy that has sustainability principles at the heart of its business, then apply now!
Principal Flood Modeller
Salary: £47k (DOE)
Hybrid working environment!
A large multi-disciplined international design consultancy are on the lookout for a Principal Flood Modeller to join their Water Infrastructure & Environmental team in London.
This consultancy are over 300 people strong across the board and have 10 people in their water & environmental team in London.
As the Principal Flood Modeller you will be managing and leading a small team of modellers and flood risk engineers who produce FRAs for development projects in the private sector and increasingly flood studies in the public sector, an area where the consultancy are looking to grow.
Principal Flood Modeller experience and skills:
- The successful flood modeller is likely to have at least 5 years’ experience in hydrology, hydraulic modelling and river engineering, ideally working for private and public sector clients.
- Ideally degree qualified.
- 1D and 2D hydraulic modelling, particularly Flood Modeller and Tuflow.
- Hydrology, in particular the Flood Estimation Handbook and ReFH2 and WINFAP.
- Leading bids in the private and ideally public sectors.
- Recognising and communicating flooding and drainage related constraints and opportunities at development sites.
- Producing and reviewing a wide range of FRAs and ideally drainage strategies using MicroDrainage/InfoDrainage.
- Good knowledge of the water industry in both the public and private sectors.
- River engineering and restoration experience would be beneficial.
- Experience mentoring junior staff.