Do you want to work for a design consultancy that has sustainability principles at the heart of its business, then apply now!
Senior or Flood Risk Engineer
Salary: £35k-£42k (DOE)
Hybrid working environment!
A large multi-disciplined international design consultancy are on the lookout for a mid-level to senior flood risk engineer to join their Water Infrastructure & Environmental team in London.
This consultancy are over 300 people strong across the board and have 14 people in their water & environmental team in London.
As the Flood Risk Engineer you will be reporting to the Associate Flood Risk Engineer and your role will be to produce FRAs for development projects in accordance with the NPPF, including sustainable drainage strategies for planning.
Flood Risk Engineer experience and skill requirements:
- The successful engineer is likely to have at least 2 years’ experience preparing FRAs and drainage strategies for public and private sector clients and be working towards a relevant professional qualification.
- Recognising and communicating flooding and drainage related constraints and opportunities at development sites.
- Producing a wide range of FRAs and drainage strategies using MicroDrainage/InfoDrainage
- Good knowledge of the planning system, in particular policy and guidance including the NPPF and SuDS Manual.
- Understanding of hydrological and hydraulic modelling principles, ideally with some experience with Tuflow, Flood Modeller and FEH.