Are you fed up with your current role and not receiving the responsibility and challenge that you were hoping for, then why not work for a civil engineering consultancy that can offer you the opportunity to shape your role and give you direction to your career by giving you a wider lead than purely technical!
Principle civil engineer
Salary : up to £55k
A growing London based civil engineering consultancy is on the lookout for a Principle civil engineer to join their team. They are looking to offer the principle civil engineer the opportunity to not only deliver their own projects but who can manage and check the progress of the team on an ongoing basis. This role will therefore offer you the flexibility to stretch yourself in your career.
You will also have the opportunity to help shape the future of the company and get support from Directors and the team.
Other benefits the company offers is a: Group Income Protection Plan, professional membership subscription, private medical care option, training and discounted products and services.
The role encompasses the detail design, project management and commercial management of projects such as a large multi-disciplinary development of 1.5 km of new highway and accompanying strategic drainage, highway and drainage design for 120 unit residential site, design and site supervision of 800m of new highway works, highway improvements including a new roundabout junction and enabling works for development plots.
Based within the engineering team you will liaise regularly with the transport planners where the bulk of the works is 60% highways design and 40% drainage design.
- Technical – experience with detail design for major/minor highway and infrastructure schemes, drainage design, road pavement design, external works design and knowledge of Planning and Section Agreements.
- Project Management -experience in project inception through detailed design and site supervision along with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Commercial – experience working with private sector clients, understanding their requirements and an understanding of the financial performance of projects, tender and contract administration.
- AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Micro Drainage.
- Civil Engineering degree or HNC/D with extensive experience
- CEng/IEng MICE or CEng/IEng MCIHT.
If you are an interested Principle Civil Engineer then please contact me, Vincent Murie, a specialist civil engineering consultant on 0207 932 2800 or email me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org