Principal Designer / CDM Adviser
Salary up to £45K (DOE)
This civil and structural engineering consultancy are looking for an enthusiastic experienced Principal Designer / CDM Adviser to join their practice and work with a variety of high-profile clients in London, the Midlands and the Home Counties.
Candidates should have a construction industry background:
- ideally, they will have or working towards membership of the Association for Project Safety ▪ and / or IOSH.
- Have a Professional Construction and Health and Safety qualification
- However, a person with design, project or site management experience and willingness to gain the knowledge and experience in an enjoyable but sometimes challenging role will also be considered.
This consultancy are very forward thinking who embrace BIM and the suitable candidate will look to develop the role and have an eye on where it may go in the future, within the industry, utilising BIM. They need to embrace technology and want to progress them as a business and themselves within the company.
The successful candidate will be proactive and have the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team. The company have a flexible working environment where you will manage your own workload. They must be able to represent the company with confidence and show a commitment to providing the level of care and attention needed to meet the high standards required and establish and nurture relationships with Clients and other members of the wider team.
- Preparing CDM documentation, writing reports, producing files/manuals, office administration etc.
- Attending meetings.
- Responding to technical queries.
- Reviewing designs, risk management.
A high level of project management skills will be essential when managing your portfolio of varied projects. You will be given encouragement to offer ideas to improve the company and the opportunity to see them through.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual who is looking for a career as opposed to just a job, within a company who are leaders in their field. Salary and benefits are negotiable for the right candidate, together with opportunities for further progression within the company.