Transport Planner/ engineer
Salary: up to £30k(DOE)
A transportation consultancy are seeking an enthusiastic transport planner/engineer, with an interest in working in the transportation industry, to join the transport planning practices growing team and assist their senior professionals in delivering development planning projects across the country. This will include:
- Using AutoCAD to undertake swept path analysis and prepare simple highway designs;
- Obtaining and overlaying boundary and land title information;
- Commissioning data collection;
- Preparing technical figures and using GIS to contribute to Transport Assessments;
- Analysing and interpreting traffic and transport data;
- Preparing junction capacity assessments; and
- Undertaking site visits and inputting into junction designs.
Perks of the company
Comprehensive training is offered to all of their staff to equip you with the tools necessary for a successful and rewarding career in the transport industry, including a bespoke mentoring programme and participation in the Transport Planning Society’s accredited ‘Professional Development Scheme!
The role provides an opportunity for candidates to be involved in a number of diverse development transportation related projects, varying in scale and nature ensuring an interesting workload.
- Be degree qualified in a relevant field with a genuine interest in transport planning;
- Have an understanding of the principles of transport planning;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Good presentation and attention to detail; and
- The ability to manage their own time to meet deadlines.