Do you want to work for a growing, award-winning engineering consultancy that values people and their professional development?
Principle Civil Engineer – Infrastructure
Salary: up to 55k(DOE)
A highly regarded award winning multidisciplinary consultancy operating from offices in London, Bristol and Exeter. New Civil Engineer’s NCE100 assessment of ‘the top firms in civil engineering based on the cultures, competencies and skillsets that matter most’ has ranked this consultancy in the top 100!
This consultancy offer lifestyle choices to suit individual needs including flexible working hours and a pension scheme with 5% employer’s contribution.
The company currently operates across a variety of sectors in the UK and internationally and you will be able to gain additional experience in these through their varied workload for both public and private sector clients.
They now seek a Principal Civil Engineer in their London office to strengthen their services in this area.
The civils team handles an interesting and varied workload and as a key member you will be involved in all aspects of the project from inception through to completion, and will work closely with the discipline and other Directors to ensure more junior members of the team are supported, developed and that they achieve the highest standards of design possible within time and budget constraints.
You will be responsible for infrastructure, highways and drainage design, scheme development, preliminary and detailed designs and project management. Responsibilities include liaison with clients, architects, contractors and regulatory/statutory authorities to deliver detailed designs for Section 38, Section 104 with statutory authority approval.
Principle Civil Engineer requirements:
- A Civil engineering Masters or Batchelors degree or equivalent.
- Preferably with chartered status or looking to achieve chartered status with the ICE.
- A proven track record, across a range of sectors, of delivering projects of different values.
- Detailed working knowledge of Site 3D or Civils 3D, WINDES and AutoCAD. Knowledge of DMRB is required as well as experience in residential design.
- Experience of drainage design, highway horizontal and vertical alignment design, highway materials and specification, ground conditions, earthworks and specification.
- Experience in gaining Consents, planning application and approvals processes (S278, S38, S104, etc).