Senior Transport Planner/Modeller
Salary: up to £45k(DOE)
An independent award winning multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy are looking for a Senior Transport Planner/modeller to join their team. The sectors in which they work include education, health, commercial, residential, leisure, regeneration and master planning, and they work both in the UK and internationally.
They are looking for a Senior Transport Planner with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Transport Planning to work in their busy Surrey office.
Perks of the opportunity!!
You will be joining a multidisciplinary engineering Practice where your career will blossom from day one. You will be surrounded by a great team of engineers with excellent mentoring support from very experienced professionals.
This consultancy offer competitive salaries, holiday and other entitlements.
They are committed to the training and personal development of their staff. They have a comprehensive training scheme fully accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers.
They have opportunities within their growing Highways & Transport team to contribute to the design of transport planning, transport strategies or road safety audits, among others. Working as part of a team and reporting to a senior staff member, you will work on a variety of projects. This is an excellent opportunity to work within an award winning multi-disciplinary practice focused on innovation and client delivery.
Key skills or prior knowledge of:
- Travel Planning & Master planning.
- Road collision data analysis.
- Public Transport strategies (Bus and Rail).
- Ability to produce Transport Assessments, Statements and Plans independently.
- Significant experience in TRICS database and matrix creation for traffic distribution purposes.
- Junction capacity analysis (Junctions 9 & LinSig).
- Conversant with highway layouts and design (horizontal and vertical alignment) and understanding the Road Safety Audit process and mechanisms for delivering highway works.
- Competent in using AutoCAD/AutoTRACK.
- Parking layouts & Parking surveys.
- Communicating with clients, local authority officers, the public and other engineers.
- Assist in mentoring Graduate members of the team.
- Highways experience is desirable but not essential.