Civil Infrastructure Engineer/Technician
Salary: up to £40k(DOE)
A multidisciplined engineering consultancy is looking for a civil infrastructure engineer/technician to join their team in their Leicester office where there are 18 people strong with another office in Birmingham.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious person to enhance their skills and develop themselves within a well-established company.
Perks of the opportunity!
- There are opportunities to progress within this position and forge your career.
- Most of the projects that you will be involved with are market leader residential developers.
- Hours of work are flexible Monday to Friday. Either 8:30am -5pm or 9pm to 5:30pm-with the option to leave at 4pm on Fridays if 37.5 hours has been reached.
- Holidays are 25 days (3 of which are allocated between Christmas and new year) plus bank Holidays.
- Company Pension and performance related bonus scheme.
- Full detailed design of roads, sewers, private drainage, external works using MicroDrainage/Flow/XP Solutions/WINDES, Civil 3D, AutoCAD, Autotrack.
- Securing adoption technical approvals for S38, S278, S184, S104, S185 applications.
- Producing private levels and drainage designs including building FFLs and identifying any retaining structures.
- Production of cut and fill earthworks designs using Civil 3D.
- Flood volume compensation modelling using Civil 3D.
- Managing junior members of team to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Preparing flood risk assessments and drainage strategies to support planning applications.
- Initial negotiations/enquiries with statutory bodies and utility undertakers on environmental, drainage, highways and other engineering issues.
Requirements for the role
- Minimum 2/3 years’ experience.
- The appropriate candidate should hold at least one of CEng MICE CMIHT CIWEM and have extensive experience with development engineering.
- The role will involve manging and developing the civils and infrastructure team within the office, leading projects and developing client opportunities throughout the residential sector.
- This business is growing quickly and the ideal engineer/technician will be able to develop new leads and contribute toward the success of the business with the aim of expansion.
*The company would also take on a Senior or Principle engineer/technician with similar experience, so please don’t hesitate to apply if you initially feel you have too much experience- the salary will be assessed according to experience!!!*