Traffic Engineer/Highway Designer
Salary : £35-40k (DOE)-There is no salary bracket with this consultancy-it’s about experience as they are looking for different levels of experience for multiple vacancies!
This Infrastructure and transportation consultancy are looking for an experienced traffic engineer/highway designer to join their transportation team in London. The company has won major frameworks such as: TfL’s Highways Engineering Framework and the London Borough of Southwark’s Highways Professional Services Contract which are set to last 5 years. They have seen tremendous growth across their existing clients and are now looking to expand the team as a result.
This consultancy specialise in undertaking transport planning studies and developing traffic and transportation schemes for public and private sector clients. They provide a number of services including scheme design, transport planning and traffic modelling and you will have the opportunity to employ and develop a broad range of capabilities across these areas.
As the traffic engineer/highway designer you will be joining a company of 80 strong and a team of 20 in the transportation side. The main purpose of the transportation team is to deliver preliminary design modelling to their clients.
Perks of the opportunity!
Remuneration will include a competitive salary that reflects your appointed grade and experience, a company pension, private medical health insurance, group life assurance, membership costs for professional bodies and eligibility for performance related bonuses.
This is an excellent chance to join an exciting and growing business in which you can personally play a core role in the future development and success. You will be provided with opportunities for internal and external training as part of a programme of continuous professional development.
- They need to have concept feasibility experience from early stages of design , with London experience highly desirable.
- A relevant degree in engineering, a post graduate qualification in transport planning or a suitable level of professional experience to demonstrate capability;
- A strong understanding and working knowledge of AutoCAD
- A working knowledge of industry guidance – TSRGD, Manual for Streets etc.
- Experience of project management would be beneficial.
- Proficiency with some, or all of the following software packages would also be considered beneficial:
- Autodesk vehicle tracking, TRL Junctions 10 (ARCADY/PICADY),JCT LinSig,TRL TRANSYT, PTV VISSIM, PARAMICS, PTV VISUM.