Are you looking to work for one of the top tier design consultancies in the UK market, then apply for this role now!
Drainage Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: up to £40k(DOE)
This multi-disciplined consultancy has identified a requirement for an Engineer / Senior Engineer, working remotely for the foreseeable future, to support the existing London based team with their expanding workload.
You will be joining an office 40 strong in their infrastructure and environmental team.
The key skills required for this position are:-
Complex problem-solving skills particularly involving solutions to problems within the drainage, civil engineering, and utility engineering sectors.
Strategic infrastructure planning and engineering design skills including:
- Conceptual drainage scheme evolution;
- Experience in negotiating and securing S104 and S106 agreements with sewerage authorities;
- Interpretation and discharge of planning conditions relating to, drainage, highways and infrastructure works;
- Experience with interpreting records and site information as well as manipulating 3D design software to perform utility clash detection analysis;
- Development of infrastructure design packages from concept through to construction.
Experience in researching UK Engineering Standard guidelines relating to drainage and highways infrastructure.
Demonstrative experience with specific software, including:
- Autodesk Civil 3D;
- MicroDrainage network modelling within industrial, commercial and residential environments, and including coordinating with Civil 3D;
- Document Control and Common Data Environment (CDE) software such as Aconex, A-Site, etc.;
- Proficiency with client and stakeholder liaison.
- Ability to work remotely and effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Production of technical memos, design reports, design packages, and drawings / models. Desirable (But Not Essential) Complementary Skills
Desirable complementary skills include:
- Highways design experience and familiarity with UK design standards and negotiation of S38 and S278 applications.
Candidates should be degree qualified in a relevant field. Applications from experienced Technicians with no degree qualification are also welcomed.
Minimum of 2 years post graduate experience working within a design consultancy and / or contracting environment. Experience on working on both single and multi-discipline projects would be preferable as would experience of project management.