This international multi-disciplined consultancy are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. They are looking for a civil engineer to join a team of about 100 Engineers, Scientists and Technicians who work with others throughout the Northwest of England and Yorkshire.
They work across all phases of projects from advisory, concept through to detailed design and construction supervision. They deliver projects for a host of clients and organisations, including government agencies (both national and local), local authorities, private developers, contractors, and utility companies.
- The UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance).
- Life Assurance, accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover.
- Core benefits are funded by the business and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing.
- You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
- Eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme.
- You'll have access to a range of flexible working options – whether you're a parent, a carer a student, or just have a busy lifestyle - we recognise it's not always easy to commit to standard working hours so if you're interested in flexible working, please let us know when you apply, and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
The civil engineer will be based in their Manchester office (but Liverpool, Sheffield, or Leeds is possible). Their current projects are varied, exciting and often high profile, including the fields of Flood Risk and River Engineering, Transportation (Rail and Road), Energy, Utility Provision and Site development.
You will have the opportunity to take more responsibility and leadership of the projects you work on or increase your technical specialist skills.
- Previous experience within utilities, drainage or site development would be a key essential for this role and working on multidisciplinary projects. To achieve in this role, you will have general Civil Engineering design experience, delivering Water, Utilities or Transport related projects.
- Suitable Civil Engineering Degree (Class 2.1 or above) in line with a technical specialism
- Supervision of others carrying out civil engineering design.
- Use of AutoCAD or Microstation CAD packages for design and design software packages (MicroDrainage, Civils 3d) spreadsheets and GIS.
- Responsible for defined parts of design projects and individual projects, including the commercial aspects of these elements/projects.
- Working with Clients and Customers, and colleagues to generate mutually agreeable outcomes.
- Mentoring the development of younger engineers within the team.