Senior Transport Planner / Engineer
Salary : £35k(DOE)
Office hours are 37.5 per week, 9am – 5.30 but these can be flexible an hour or so either way.
This Transportation and Planner consultancy are looking for a Senior Transport Planner/Engineer to join their Sustainable Development and Delivery (SDD) Team to provide a range of transport planning, traffic engineering and infrastructure design services to support development projects all across the UK.
They are currently working a mix of home and office working with Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s set as core office days where all staff attend the office (unless client or site meetings are booked). The other 3 days of the week, staff can work from whatever location they choose, or the office if they would prefer.
- Company bonus scheme. This has two elements, the first being a fee target element based upon income achieved above set targets (2½ times salary costs). Employees will be entitled to 20% of fee income received above the base target. The second element is a discretionary target based upon the profitability of the Group as derived from the net profit shown in the annual accounts. Should a bonus be payable on this basis, this is distributed across offices as determined by the Board of Directors based on a 60/40 split between the 2 elements.
- 25 days annual leave p.a. with usually an extra 2 days gifted by the Company for the closedown between Christmas and New Year.
- The ability to purchase an extra 5 days holiday per year.
- Mobile phone and laptop provided for business use.
- Private health insurance cover with BUPA.
- Company pension scheme at 4% contribution. We also operate a salary sacrifice scheme if staff would prefer to take that option.
- Death in service benefit of 4 x salary.
- Professional fees paid.
- Company credit card for out of pocket business expenses.
- They are seeking a Senior Transport Planner/Engineer with experience in development planning and a background either in private practice or in local Government.
- The ideal planner will have a good understanding of the development planning process in the UK and will have experience in completing Transport Assessments, transport statements, site access appraisals and travel plans, and experience in highway / junction design.
- A confident user of ARCADY / PICADY / LinSig, TRICS, Tempro and AutoCAD is desirable.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious person to grow professionally, to expand their technical knowledge and to progress within this organisation.