Senior Town Planner
Salary: £35k (DOE)
Office hours are 37.5 per week, 9am – 5.30 but these can be flexible an hour or so either way.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at a Transport Planning consultancy for the role of a Senior Town Planner within the businesses Bedford Office.
They are currently working a mix of home and office working with Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s set as core office days where all staff attend the office (unless client or site meetings are booked). The other 3 days of the week, staff can work from whatever location they chose, or the office if they would prefer.
- Company bonus scheme. This has two elements, the first being a fee target element based upon income achieved above set targets (2½ times salary costs). Employees will be entitled to 20% of fee income received above the base target. The second element is a discretionary target based upon the profitability of the Group as derived from the net profit shown in the annual accounts. Should a bonus be payable on this basis, this is distributed across offices as determined by the Board of Directors based on a 60/40 split between the 2 elements.
- 25 days annual leave p.a. with usually an extra 2 days gifted by the Company for the closedown between Christmas and New Year.
- The ability to purchase an extra 5 days holiday per year.
- Mobile phone and laptop provided for business use.
- Private health insurance cover with BUPA.
- Company pension scheme at 4% contribution. We also operate a salary sacrifice scheme if staff would prefer to take that option.
- Death in service benefit of 4 x salary
- Professional fees paid.
- Company credit card for out of pocket business expenses.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role offers a fantastic opportunity to continue your career in Planning and work across the spectrum of town planning activities including; the promotion of large-scale development projects; the preparation and submission of planning applications; appeals for a range of development types; and local plan representations.
Qualifications and Experience
- They are looking for a qualified Town Planner ideally with 3-5 years professional experience (either private or public sector).
- Candidates should be educated to undergraduate level (2:1 or above) and should also obtained a postgraduate qualification in Planning.
- Ideally you will have already obtained chartered membership of the RTPI.
- They will however consider candidates who are still working towards accreditation and full support and sponsorship towards this will be provided by the company.
- A full driving licence is essential.