The client is a transport planning consultancy that are looking for exceptional people at the transport planner grade (someone with around 3 years’ experience) who want to get involved in delivering projects and be a key member of our growing team. Their overall approach is for everyone in the business to work closely together to share their ideas, knowledge and views in order to ensure they achieve a successful outcome for their clients.
Their London office is a relaxed and friendly environment, in a modern office. The amenities in the building include break out areas, coffee lounge, cinema area and free gym facilities.
25 days annual leave (increased by seniority); Apple MacBook for work; Flexible working arrangements; Private medical insurance; Health cash plan; Two tiered pension; Life insurance cover; Death in service cover; Discretionary Cycle Hire scheme; Discretionary Travel Loans; and end of year bonus scheme.
The role :
- Preparation of Transport Notes, Statements and Assessments, Travel Plans, Site Access Appraisals using Microsoft Office programmes (Word and Excel);
- Travel Plan Coordinator experience;
- An understanding of relevant local and national policy and guidance;
- Junction capacity modelling using the Junctions software (ARCADY and PICADY);
- Traffic signal design using LinSig;
- Preliminary design of access, junction improvements and highway schemes using AutoCAD;
- Swept Path Analysis using AutoTrack;
- Preparation of high quality graphics using GIS packages and/ or Corel Draw;
- Exposure to Project Management and client communication.
- Formal education in either Civil Engineering, Geography or Transport Planning;
- Experience in the field of development focused transport planning;
- A member (or seeking to be) of a professional membership, such as CIHT or ICE;
- Excellent communication skills with a high standard of work ethic; and
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to work proactively and use initiative.