Group Drainage Engineer
Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary : £40,000-£63,000
This international multi-disciplined consultancy are looking for a Group Transportation Drainage Engineer with broad ranging experience in highways and/or rail drainage design to join their Transportation team in Newcastle.
You will play a key role in the development and delivery of major transportation projects for their key clients such as Highways England, Network Rail, local authorities and design and build contractors. You will be responsible for delivering the drainage design on multi-disciplinary civil engineering projects and supporting the leadership and development of their drainage capability.
- Leading the design of highway or rail drainage designs from concept to detailed design and construction, as stand-alone projects or as part of larger multi-disciplinary schemes.
- The development of sustainable drainage designs including balancing/ infiltration ponds, soakaways, attenuations tank systems etc.
- Promoting development of digital solutions in drainage design including full integration of designs within the BIM environment.
- Managing and developing stakeholder relationships to support the development of the drainage design and consents process.
- Leading the drainage discipline locally to develop and enhance the drainage design capability within the local team.
- Leading drainage designs, managing the interface and providing technical assurance for drainage designs produced in our Global Design Centre.
- Mentoring and supporting the development of engineers, graduates and technicians in the field of drainage design.
- Chartered or Incorporated Civil Engineer and Member of a Professional Institution.
- Experience of leading the drainage design on Highways England, Local Authority or Network Rail projects.
- Experience of the current standards (DMRB / Network Rail) and Construction Design and - Management Regulations (CDM).
- Ability to design all aspects of drainage from conceptual layout to detailed design.
- Proficient in hydraulic modelling software such as Micro Drainage.
- Proficient in AutoCAD / Civil3D or similar.
- Hold a valid UK driving licence.